Gum hypertrophy; Macularity
DefinitionThis section has been translated automatically.
Collective term for a pathological increase in size of the gingiva of different genesis, whereby pathologically and anatomically a primary inflammatory (to be assigned to the gingivitis; see below gingivitis hyperplastica) is to be separated from a hyperplastic form.
ClassificationThis section has been translated automatically.
It is difficult to classify the clinical symptom "gingival hyperplasia" according to etiological aspects, as it is a polyetiological complex of symptoms. Gingival hyperplasia occurs with:
- inflammatory gingivitis
- Gingivo-periodontal manifestation of systemic diseases
- in the context of physiological changes in pregnancy
- Hyperplastic periodontopathy (formerly macular degeneration in the narrow sense).
You might also be interested in
EtiopathogenesisThis section has been translated automatically.
ManifestationThis section has been translated automatically.
Gingival hyperplasia is observed in the following syndromes and diseases:
- As ADRs (drug side effects: phenytoin, ciclosporin, oral contraceptives, nifedipine)
- acanthosis nigricans
- Systemic amyloidosis
- Cowden Syndrome
- Enteritis regionalis (M. Crohn)
- Fibromatosis gingivae
- gingivitis hyperplastica
- Gravidity s. Macrulia gravidarum
- Hyalinosis cutis et mucosae
- Papillon-Lefèvre syndrome
- Pringle-Bourneville phacomatosis
- Melkersson-Rosenthal syndrome
- Myeloid and lymphatic systemic diseases
- Sturge Weber Crab Syndrome
- Wegener's granulomatosis.
TherapyThis section has been translated automatically.
S. under the respective clinical picture.
LiteratureThis section has been translated automatically.
- Hornstein OP (1996) Diseases of the mouth. Kohlhammer, Stuttgart Berlin Cologne, S. 578-579
Incoming links (12)Acute myeloid leukaemia and skin ; Chronic lymphatic leucemia, skin manifestations; Ciclosporin a; Fibromatosis gingivae; Gingivitis hyperplastica; Gingivitis, pregnancy gingivitis; Gum hypertrophy; Leukemia, monocyte leukemia; Lymphangiectasia, intestinal; Macrulia gravidarum; ... Show all
Outgoing links (21)Acanthosis nigricans (overview); Acromegaly; Adverse drug reactions of the skin; Amyloidosis systemic (overview); Cowden syndrome; Crohn disease, skin alterations; Fibromatosis gingivae; Gingivitis; Gingivitis hyperplastica; Granulomatosis with polyangiitis; ... Show all
Please ask your physician for a reliable diagnosis. This website is only meant as a reference.