DefinitionThis section has been translated automatically.
Human-pathogenic Arena viruses are the trigger of haemorrhagic fever diseases, which are endemic in various countries and continents (old world viruses and new world viruses). The diseases caused by arena viruses in Africa and South America include:
- Lassa virus Arenaviridae/ rodents/ West Africa/ Lassa fever
- Lujo virus Arenaviridae/ Rodents (?)/ Southern Africa/Lujo hemorrhagicfever
- Machupo virus Arenaviridae/ rodents/ Bolivia/Bolivian haemorrhagic fever
- Junin virus Arenaviridae/ rodents/ Arg./Argentine hemorrhagic fever
- Guanarito virus Arenaviridae/rodents/Venez./Venezuelan haemorrhag. Fever
- Sabia virus Arenaviridae/virus. ?/Brazil/Brazilian haemorrhagic fever
- Chapare-Virus Arenaviridae/carriers ?/Bolivia /Anden Haemorrhagic fever
all pathogens of hemorrhagic fever syndromes.
In addition there is the virus of Imphocytic Choriomeningitis (LCM).