Half-lifeThis section has been translated automatically.
You might also be interested in
Spectrum of actionThis section has been translated automatically.
Acinetobacter spp., Aeromonas hydrophilia, Bacillus cereus, Bordetella spp., Brucella spp., Campylobacter spp., Chlamydia trachomatis, Citrobacter freundii, Corynebacterium diphtheriae, Coxiella burneti, Enterobacter spp, Enterococcus spp., E. coli, Flavobacterium spp., Gardnerella vaginalis, Hafnia alvei, Haemophilus spp., Klebsiella spp., Legionella spp.., Listeria monocytogenes, Moraxella spp., Morganella morganii, Atypical Mycobacteria, Mycoplasma hominis, Neisseria spp., Pasteurella spp., Plesiomonas shigelloides, Proteus spp.., Providencia spp., Pseudomonas spp., Rickettsia conorii, Rochalimaea spp., Salmonella spp., Serratia spp., Shigella spp., Staphylococcus spp., Streptococcus spp., Vibrio spp., Yersinia spp.
IndicationThis section has been translated automatically.
Respiratory tract infections, otitis media, sinusitis, infections of the urogenital tract, typhoid adominalis, skin, soft tissue and joint infections, sepsis.
Limited indicationThis section has been translated automatically.
Topical application: Pregnancy, lactation.
Pregnancy/nursing periodThis section has been translated automatically.
Dosage and method of useThis section has been translated automatically.
- 2 times/day 125-500 mg p.o. or 2 times/day 100-200 mg i.v., for complicated infections double or triple dose.
- Acute gonorrhoea: 500 mg p.o. or 200 mg i.v. as ED.
- For otitis media: gauze strips in the ear are sprinkled with 0.2% infusion solution every 4 hours, change strips after 3 days, total therapy duration 7 days.
- 0.3% in eye drops in case of blepharitis, blepharoconjunctivitis for 2 days, 1 Trp. every 2 hours in each conjunctival sac, then 1 Trp. 4 times/day.
Undesirable effectsThis section has been translated automatically.
- Topical application: Eyelid edema, eye irritation, foreign body sensation, visual disturbances, eyelid crust, allergic reactions, corneal dyschromia, nausea.
- Systemic application: Frequent (≥ 1% - 10%): Exanthema, nausea, diarrhea. Occasionally (≥ 0.1% - < 1%): itching, urticaria, weakness, superinfections with resistant bacteria or fungi, fever, anaphylactoid reactions, shortness of breath, hyperhidrosis, sweating, blood count changes (including anemia), taste and smell disorders.
ContraindicationThis section has been translated automatically.
Topical application: Hypersensitivity to gyrase inhibitors, children < 12 months.
PreparationsThis section has been translated automatically.
Ciprobay, Ciloxan, Ciprofloxacin-ratiopharm