DefinitionThis section has been translated automatically.
EtiopathogenesisThis section has been translated automatically.
You might also be interested in
Clinical featuresThis section has been translated automatically.
Acutely intermittent or chronically recurrent urticaria, polyposis nasi and bronchial asthma (ASA asthma, analgesic asthma).
LaboratoryThis section has been translated automatically.
DiagnosisThis section has been translated automatically.
Medical history: therapy-resistant urticaria, polyposis nasi (usually multiple operations of the paranasal sinuses in the medical history), bronchial asthma).
Provocation tests by nasal, oral (see below urticaria, chronic) or bronchial provocation.
Measurement of the cysteinylleukotriene release provoked by NSAIDs in vitro using commercially available tests ( CAST). In addition, a method still undergoing clinical trials, the Analgesic Intolerance Test (AIT), can be used to assess the balance between PGE2 and leukotriene release after provocation.
TherapyThis section has been translated automatically.
LiteratureThis section has been translated automatically.
- Brandstätter H et al (2010) Immediate hypersensitivity reactions to nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs: allergy or pseudo-allergy? Rev Med Suisse 6:1345-1348 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20684128
- Hecksteden K et al (2003) Diagnosis of the analgesic intolerance syndrome by means of functional cell testing (Analgesic Intolerance Test: AIT). Allergology 26: 263-271
- Kleine-Tebbe J et al.(2016) Food Allergy and Intolerance Distinction, Definitions and Delimitation. Bundesgesundheitsblatt Gesundheitsforschung Gesundheitsschutz 59:705 722.
- McNeil BD et al. (2015) Identification of a mast-cell-specific receptor crucial for pseudo-allergic drug reactions. Nature 519:237-241.
- Pichler WJ et al (2016) Classification of Drug Hypersensitivity into Allergic, p-i, and Pseudo-Allergic Forms. Int Arch Allergy Immunol 171:166-179.
- Ponvert C et al (2003) Vaccine allergy and pseudo-allergy. Eur J Dermatol 13:10-15.
- Sanak M et al (1997) C4 synthetase promotor polymorphisms and risk of aspirin-induced asthma. Lancet 29: 1599-1600
- Schäfer D et al (1996) Effect of prostaglandin E2 on eicosanoid release by human bronchial biopsy specimens from normal and inflamed mucosa. Chest 51: 919-923
- Seitz CS et al (2014) Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug hypersensitivity: association with elevated basal serum trypt se? Allergy Asthma Clin Immunol 10:19.
- Waller DG (2011) Allergy, pseudo-allergy and non-allergy Br J Clin Pharmacol 71:637-638.
Incoming links (5)Analgesic asthma; Ass asthma; Ass intolerance syndrome; Rhinosinusitis, chronic; Urticaria intolerance urticaria;
Outgoing links (8)Bronchial asthma (overview); Cast; Cyclooxygenases; Intolerance reaction; Montelukast; Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs; Urticaria chronic spontaneous; Urticaria intolerance urticaria;
Please ask your physician for a reliable diagnosis. This website is only meant as a reference.