HistoryThis section has been translated automatically.
DefinitionThis section has been translated automatically.
Group of inflammatory diseases that are non-infectious, non-allergic, non-autoimmune and non-immunodeficient in cause. The term "autoinflammatory diseases" includes the hereditary periodic fever syndromes (HPF), which are induced by mutations of pattern-recognition receptors (PRR) and disturbances of cytokine generation and balance.
You might also be interested in
ClassificationThis section has been translated automatically.
- Hereditary periodic fever syndromes, which are also assigned to immunodeficiencies group 7 in the IUIS classification (2019) and are named here as autoinflammatory diseases. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7082388/
- other hereditary and non-hereditary idiopathic fever syndromes named as autoinflammatory syndromes such as:
- Still syndrome
- Adult onset Still's disease (AOSD)
- Schnitzler syndrome (urticarial exanthema)
- SAPHO syndrome (synovitis, acne, pustulosis, hyperostosis, osteitis)
- PASH syndrome (pyoderma gangraenosum, acne, suppurative hidradenitis)
- PAPA syndrome (pyoderma gangraenosum, acne, pyogenic arthritis)
- Proteasome-associated autoinflammatory syndrome 2 (PRAAS2)
- versch. Autoimmune syndromes as UAW
Note(s)This section has been translated automatically.
This term has since been expanded to include an increasing number of acquired disorders.
In 2010, a drug-induced autoinflammatory syndrome was described, the "autoinflammatory syndrome induced by adjuvants (ASIA)". Gulf War Syndrome" also belongs to this group of syndromes.
LiteratureThis section has been translated automatically.
- Braun-Falco M et al (2011) Skin involvement in autoinflammatory syndromes. SDDG 9: 232 - 245
- Israeli E (2012) Gulf War syndrome as a part of the autoimmune (autoinflammatory) syndrome induced by adjuvant (ASIA). Lupus 21:190-194.
Incoming links (7)Breastfeeding syndrome; Breastfeeding syndrome adultes; Papa syndrome; Primary immunodeficiency; Sapho syndrome; Spondyloenchondrodysplasia; Sting-associated vasculopathy;
Outgoing links (10)Adverse drug reactions of the skin; Aefi; Breastfeeding syndrome; Breastfeeding syndrome adultes; Fever syndromes, hereditary, periodic (overview); Papa syndrome; Pash syndrome; Proteasome-associated autoinflammatory syndrome 2; Sapho syndrome; Schnitzler syndrome;
Please ask your physician for a reliable diagnosis. This website is only meant as a reference.