HistoryThis section has been translated automatically.
DefinitionThis section has been translated automatically.
Diffuse, massive, sometimes painful proliferation of subcutaneous fatty tissue in the neck and shoulder area over the course of months to years. Isolated variant of benign symmetrical lipomatosis.
You might also be interested in
EtiopathogenesisThis section has been translated automatically.
TherapyThis section has been translated automatically.
LiteratureThis section has been translated automatically.
- Constantinidis J et al (2003) Surgical therapy of Madelung's disease in the head and neck area. HNO 51: 216-220
- Kohan D et al (1993) Madelung's disease: case reports and literature review. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 108: 156-159
- Madelung OW (1888) About the fat neck (diffuse lipoma of the neck). Langenbecks Arch Klin Surgeon 37: 106-130
- Salam GA (2002) Lipoma excision. On Fam Physician 65: 901-904
- Vargas-Diez E et al (2000) Madelung's disease involving the tongue. J Am Acad Dermatol 42: 511-513
Please ask your physician for a reliable diagnosis. This website is only meant as a reference.