Ceruminoma; pleomorphic adenoma; Pleomorphic Ceruminal Adenoma
DefinitionThis section has been translated automatically.
Rare adnexal tumor occurring in the external orifice with apocrine differentiation and unclear dignity.
EtiopathogenesisThis section has been translated automatically.
Adenoma, originating from the ceruminal glands (modified apocrine glands of the external auditory canal).
You might also be interested in
LocalizationThis section has been translated automatically.
Meatus acusticus externus (external auditory canal)
TherapyThis section has been translated automatically.
Surgical treatment by ENT doctors.
Progression/forecastThis section has been translated automatically.
Moderately good to bad prognosis. Recurrence tendency and malignant degeneration possible.
LiteratureThis section has been translated automatically.
- Baldus SE et al (1999) Pleomorphic adenoma (mixed tumor) of the external auditory canal. Differential diagnosis of the tumors of the ceruminal glands. Pathologist 20: 125-129
- Horbst L (1968) On the sweat gland (ceruminal gland) adenoma of the external ear canal. Monthly sore ear Laryngorhinol 102: 1-14
- Iqbal A et al (1998) Ceruminous gland neoplasia. Br J Plast Surgery 51: 317-320
- Lassaletta L et al (2003) Avoiding misdiagnosis in ceruminous gland tumours. Auris nasal larynx 30: 287-290
- Maheshwari MB et al (2002) Ceruminous gland tumour. Histopathology 41: 275-276
- Roland PS et al (1997) Disorders of the external auditory canal. J Am Acad Audiol 8: 367-378
Please ask your physician for a reliable diagnosis. This website is only meant as a reference.