Aldocorten; CAS No: 52-39-1; Electrocorticoid
DefinitionThis section has been translated automatically.
Most important mineralocorticoid produced in the adrenal cortex. Aldosterone has a half-life of 0.5 hours.
Pharmacodynamics (Effect)This section has been translated automatically.
Responsible for sodium retention and potassium excretion. The hormone has no anti-inflammatory effect. Can be competitively inhibited by spironolactone.
Standard concentrationThis section has been translated automatically.
morning lying: 11,7-239ng/l
after 30min standing: 22,1-353ng/l
Note(s)This section has been translated automatically.
Aldosterone increased(Renin increased):
- primary adrenocortical insufficiency
- congenital defects of steroid synthesis (adrenogenital syndrome).
Aldosterone decreased (Renin decreased):
- Medication (beta blockers, reserpine, methydopa, clonidine, etc.)
Aldosterone increased (Renin decreased):
- Primary hyperaldosteronism (e.g. adrenal cortex adenoma)
Aldosterone increased (Renin increased):
- Renin-forming tumors
- Medication (calcium antagonists, spironolactone, ACE inhibitors, laxatives)